Install this theme
35 Modern Words Recently Added to the Dictionary
Please kill me.
- Bling (n): Expensive, ostentatious clothing and jewelry.
- Bromance (n): A close but non-sexual relationship between two men.
- Chillax (v): Calm down and relax.
- Crunk (adj): Very excited or full of energy.
- D’oh (ex): Exclamation used to comment on a foolish or stupid action, especially one’s own.
- Droolworthy (adj): Extremely attractive or desirable.
- Frankenfood (n): Genetically modified food.
- Grrrl (n): A young woman regarded as independent and strong or aggressive, especially in her attitude to men or in her sexuality (A blend of “Grrrr” and “Girl.”)
- Guyliner (n): Eyeliner that is worn by men.
- Hater (n): A person who greatly dislikes a specified person or thing.
- Illiterati (n): People who are not well educated or well informed about a particular subject or sphere of activity.
- Infomania (n): The compulsive desire to check or accumulate news and information, typically via mobile phone or computer.
- Jeggings (n): Tight-fitting stretch trousers for women, styled to resemble a pair of denim jeans.
- La-la Land (n): A fanciful state or dream world. Also, Los Angeles.
- Locavore (n): A person whose diet consists only or principally of locally grown or produced food.
- Mankini (n): A brief one-piece bathing garment for men, with a T-back.
- Mini-Me (n): A person closely resembling a smaller or younger version of another.
- Muffin Top (n): A roll of fat visible above the top of a pair of women’s tight-fitting low-waisted trousers.
- Muggle (n): A person who is not conversant with a particular activity or skill.
- Noob (n): A person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet.
- Obvs (adv): Obviously.
- OMG (ex): Used to express surprise, excitement, or disbelief. (Dates back to 1917.)
- Po-po (n): The police.
- Purple State (n): A US state where the Democratic and Republican parties have similar levels of support among voters.
- Screenager (n): A person in their teens or twenties who has an aptitude for computers and the Internet.
- Sexting (n): The sending of sexually explicit photographs or messages via mobile phone.
- Textspeak (n): Language regarded as characteristic of text messages, consisting of abbreviations, acronyms, initials, emoticons. (wut hpns win u write lyk dis.)
- Totes (adv): Totally.
- Truthiness (n): the quality of seeming or being felt to be true, even if not necessarily true.
- Twitterati (n): Keen or frequent users of the social networking site Twitter.
- Unfriend (v): Remove (someone) from a list of friends or contacts on a social networking site.
- Upcycle (v): Reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original.
- Whatevs (ex, adv): Whatever.
- Whovian (n): A fan of the British science-fiction television series Doctor Who.
- Woot (ex): (Especially in electronic communication) Used to express elation, enthusiasm, or triumph.
halfwrittenandread reblogged this from weedsexmarschemtrails
iwriteandphotograph reblogged this from thepinkpopcorn and added:
iwriteandphotograph likes this
silverandblue likes this
Show more notes